Financial analysis company Sageworks has released a study that ranks industries by their net profit margin in 2008. The study only tracked privately held companies.
The top ten most profitable industries in 2008 were:
- Offices of dentists
- Accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping and payroll services
- Legal services
- Offices of other health practitioners
- Support activities for mining
- Offices of physicians
- Outpatient care centers
- Coating, engraving, heat treating and allied activities
- Nondepository credit intermediation
- Agencies, brokerages and other insurance related activities
(business opportunities blog)
Editor: interesting to note that 4 out of 10 most profitable businesses are in health care industry. What does this means?